Saturday 13 April 2013

#NEWKICKS - Tomb Raider

"Damn Lara, you can raid my tomb anytime."

Original Link: http://www.tombnews.com/games/tombraider9/render08.asp
No brownies for guessing what game I got today. Been lusting after this ever since I saw the poster at a game shop near Chomp Chomp. When I first saw it, I was wondering when Lara got so grungey and punkish. Very attractive in an average rebel girl-next-door kinda way. If you're about as old as I am, you'd prolly be familiar with the old Lara model - big bust, big ass, big eyes, pretty much big everything. Then again, technology and graphics rendering then were a hell lot less advanced and refined as they are now.

I'm only like a few hours into the game (still in the first episode... if that's what they call it, I wasn't really paying attention) so can't make too much of a judgement. Though I must admit that the graphics are incredible. Very realistic. In terms of game control, it's very straightforward and doesn't require finger gymnastics (unlike Far Cry 3) to be able to accomplish things.

Although I guess I could improve on my aim when being attacked by rabid animals. Plus point, I don't think I'll be attacked unknowingly and then killed by a stupid Komodo Dragon (Far Cry 3 pet peeve). So I'm putting Far Cry 3 off, again, because I really really really am digging this game. I tried the first few parts on my brother's PC and I was blown away by the graphics but not so much by the controls (mouse and keyboard combo). Got this for the PS3 and I very much prefer using my right joystick to change camera angles in third person perspective as opposed to the mouse.

Anyway randomly, realised that recently I've been buying a lot of games by SquareEnix. Quite impressed by the repertoire so far. I think when I've figured out how to record playing on the PS3 and doing a video at the same time recording my reactions, I'll just stick to relaying everything I see and experience in text.

One thing that's a definite positive for this game is that my boyfriend can do his work in peace without me bugging him and annoying him because I'm bored (or that I got killed by a stupid Komodo Dragon again).

(Bear with me whilst I figure out a nicer and less of an eyesore signoff.)


No comments:

Post a Comment