Saturday 11 May 2013

#GAMERHEALTH - Gamers with bad backs.

It doesn't matter if you're a pro or recreational gamer. Judging by what I see - how my brother sits when he plays WoW, how my friends sit when we L4D at LAN shops, how I go all over the place when playing Tomb Raider - I guess I can safely say that when we play video games, we don't really subscribe to the proper seating postures as advised by the game manuals (like really, how many of you actually follow the guidelines they set out?).

I'd been complaining to the boyfriend about aches and pains so we decides to look up late night spas and massages. Obviously the legit and clean ones aren't many but thank god for this particular website which specialized in all the massage parlours and spas in Singapore. Whoever this person is, thank you so much because you saved us the trouble and headache of finding one. Not to mention the fact that the review you gave was really really spot on!

I don't usually go for massages. It's pricey and I don't have the time (or procrastinate too much or give the excuse that I don't want to travel so far). The few that I have been to I can't really judge. They were ok I guess. Usually the masseuse would just go through a series of motions. You're lucky if she asks what are your trouble areas and is a kind enough soul to pay special attention to it.

Enough of the fluffy back story.

There's nothing much to do in Singapore, the weather drove us nuts and we're growing old and aching everywhere. So boyfriend suggested we go for a massage.

Healing Touch is located at 39 Jalan Besar. It's along the main road stretch of Jalan Besar leading to Rochor. Before 10pm, the rates are $50 for 1hr full body massage, with oil it's an additional $5. After 10pm, it's considered their midnight shift so it's an additional $10. The place closes at 3am and their last booking is at 2am.

We booked a 1hr full body massage with oil that began at 10:30pm.

From the moment the lady placed her elbow into that spot with the phantom ache, I pretty much knew we made a good choice. We didn't even have to tell the masseuse(s) which part of our bodies were aching or needed more attention. She even knew I had a sprained ankle before I even yelped out (telling me the pain was necessary for the healing, so familiar). 

I mean of course masseuse ought to know where to hit and massage and pound and knead. I have been to a few before but realized (after much reading and researching) that what the other places were doing were not exactly right and could even be damaging to my overall health. 

Healing Thai Massage isn't cheap but it was worth the money. Went to another place closer to home and it was pretty good. Slightly more affordable. 

With all the nonsense postures I know gamers get into, it'd be good to get a massage once in awhile. The sitting hurts the pelvis and hip area and it also affects the blood circulation from waist down. You also need to rejuvenate your back from the strain of godawful sitting positions just because sometimes we're too lazy to sit proper.  

Plus after all that kneading and pounding, they crack your joints (I always love love love this part). When you go back home, don't take a hot shower. Just go straight to bed. You'll wake up feeling amazingly refreshed :) and that's enough to help you take on the rest of the game for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment