Sunday 19 May 2013

#MUSINGS - Personal preference

At times it can be so easy, too say, to be overly enthusiastic and excited over something. Or a game. And I could be guilty of that. For example, I had just gotten Army of Two and was so psyched to play it. Even when I was playing it, I was so eager to share the love and fun with my friends. Real world ain't so kind and not all my friends share the same love and passion I have for some games. So when I recommended and said that AoT was pretty fun and a super awesome game, I was met with quite a number of remarks from a few who didn't think it was all that great.

Lesson learnt is that not everyone shares the kind of likes and dislikes I have towards certain games. Some of them can also be quite vocal and rather.... Unpleasant in the way in which they highlight their distaste. I believe in personal preference and opinion and I do respect their decision and preference. Though what I find hard to digest is not being able to understand why they would have to be so aggressively rude in the way they put it across. 

I wasn't trying to sell them AoT (c'mon, I don't work for the company and in the same manner if they were to recommend  a game which I'm not too find of, I'm not going to downright tell them what a piece of stinking poop shit I find it and the developers to be). But meh, it probably is just me being all sensitive. It must be all the anti-bullying stuff that I have been reading and promoting at work that's probably made me feel or rather be a little too affected by it. 

I still stand by my like of AoT (even when I watched GiNX earlier and they said it wasn't fantastic). Like i said, different people, different opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment