Thursday 16 May 2013

#INPROGRESS - Far Cry 3 - What? I killed him?

He kinda reminds me of Puck from Glee.
Just letting you know, that this is a spoiler. For those of you who don't know what Far Cry 3 is about and are planning to get the game and all, then skip along, move along, rainbows and fishes elsewhere.

But anyway, one of the core mission in FC3 is that you'll be slaying the big bad pirate boss - Vaas. Brother to Citra, gone insane thanks to drugs and money and he's the one responsible for the deaths of your two brothers. Tragic, perfect recipe for revenge. Classic vendetta.

So I travel all the way to Vaas's island (where before when I tried to explore without having unlocked that mission the game just booted me back to my last savepoint) and stalk his basecamp. Trance/techno music, dancing semi-nekkid girls and a lot of weed. He's already expecting me when I sneak into one of the buildings and no surprise, has got an ambush lying in wait. But with all the fumes from the burning weed, everything starts to get just a little trippy.

So I'm killing multiple Vaas who are coming at me with knives from all directions and my surroundings are tripped out with TV monitors and strobing lights, such is the game's rendition of being high on drugs. Honestly, it gave me a horrible headache, one that forced me to go cold and leave FC3 alone for the next two days.

But now that's done. Big hip hip hooray I wake up with Citra nursing me. I don't even get to loot the maniac's body. Do I feel accomplished now that Vaas is out of the picture? I don't know. I thought it'd be a lot harder and that he'd be a lot tougher to defeat. But he wasn't. Maybe I'm disappointed? That I was expecting a greater challenge. After all, why would I make it like some training practice to takeover as many outposts as I can, honing on my sniping/molotov/grenad/C4 skills if not for that one defining moment?

Well. It's over. Done. Now my next problem is Hoyt.

I guess I will be finishing FC3. And maybe a lot sooner than I thought I would, even given the weeks that I spent putting it on hold just because I was so frustrated with constantly getting maimed by the stupid komodo dragons.

There is hope still. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment