Sunday 10 November 2013

#MOVIEBREAKDOWN - THOR: The Dark World



Sometime last week the boy and I went to catch Thor: The Dark World. Wasn't really expecting anything because I'm not a huge fan of Thor (gimme Tony Stark anytime yo!). The main selling point for watching this was of course, for Loki. Out of all the villains I can think of right now, Loki's perhaps the most charming one of all. Maybe because it's Tom Hiddleston who wore the crown and mantle so well, or that he was given such a deviously brilliant script and character to act out.

I don't know but I like his witticism and humour. Dark and always pulled off with a smile.

The movie in itself was kinda meh. Effects were awesome but well... it centers too much around Thor and Jane Foster (like duh, I suppose it is a show about them ultimately). Didn't quite like Natalie Portman's performance in this. Some bits were ok, the rest were just... I don't know. It felt as if she was a Mary Sue. Someone wrote her character like how Meyer writes Bella Swan. At least that's the impression I got.

Asgard looks beautiful though.

What my boyfriend thinks:
I thought it was rather amusing. I thought it was very entertaining, from the start till finish.
And then I asked him why?
Because I was watching it with you and nobody else. 
Boyfriend has a way with words, always trying to make me melt >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment