Thursday 18 April 2013

#GOODGAME - Tomb Raider - A survivor is born and a gamer weeps for her loss

I'm done with Tomb Raider. I only just bought the game a couple of days back. Ok, maybe a week or so back. Put in enough game time (and this includes looking for relics, GPS caches and random optional tombs) and naturally you'd complete the game.

There'll be another more detailed post on this game. Maybe even a podcast. In brief, I loved this. I have to confess that I only ever played the first Tomb Raider - when LC had creepy blocky huge boobs and the graphics were well... Much has changed since then.

There's more to this prequel than the graphics and character model overhaul. It's got a very good plot with surprisingly good character development and depth. I mean come on, there are very few games where I would cry over the tragic and heroic death of a supporting character. Supporting, not main. So this means something.

I think IGN predicted that this would be one of the games for 2013. I can't refute that. Till the comprehensive post/podcast, this is hurricxne signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment