Saturday 13 April 2013

#INPROGRESS - FarCry3 - Island Hero

Went back to FarCry3 after so long. Or rather, because I got so pissed off with Dead Rising 2 that I figured a little first person action would help me blow off some steam. Trying to refresh my memory on the keys, I blew my leg off, almost head shot the person I was meant to rescue and wasted one too many grenades because I thought R2 was the trigger.

Major face palm.



But hey, achievement unlocked because it only took me two tries to save Oliver from the evil henchmen. Headshot with a sniper but my accuracy is still dodgy. I wish the sniper they gave was part of my arsenal. Unless that meant that it is part of it but I have to buy another scope to be able to zoom in closer.

But hey, Oliver the stoner is alive. What got me a little annoyed was that I couldn't figure out what it where it was they were telling me to go. They (being the game instructions thingy) said to intercept the cargo. I interpreted it as to physically intercept cargo, guns blazing and war cry screaming. So thinking I was some superhero with time to spare when I reached the location, started firing off into the camp site. Then time goes zero and I'm told mission failed.

What nonsense!?

Turns out I was supposed to get to the damn vantage point. Like how the hell was I supposed to know? What annoys me is when there's no little bar or toggle box to remind me what I'm supposed to do and where I'm supposed to go. So the instructions flash for all of 15 seconds on screen (at this time I'm struggling to get to the location, find a stupid vehicle) and orientate myself because there's a bloody one minute countdown timer that just came on. I don't do well with instant deadlines it seem.

Anyway that's over and done with and I don't have to spend the next 15 minutes screaming bloody murder and vulgarities at the TV screen.

Reminder: If you came here expecting some professional commentary and superb game playing, you got it wrong. Bear in mind the title of this blog is UNDER AVERAGE GAMER, meaning that I really am a sucky gamer hence I am below average. Damn it. Maybe I should have changed the name to Below Average instead of Under Average.

FRAK!

Image Credit: http://www.gosunoob.com/far-cry-3/far-cry-3-saving-oliver/

No comments:

Post a Comment