Tuesday 16 July 2013

#GOODGAME - Last of Us - Briefly

22hours.

That's the total amount of time it took me to finish the Last of Us. The only other time where I took less than 24hrs to finish a game was Diablo 3 (16hours). Again, I'm not a competitive hardcore gamer. 

22hours over a span of 10 days (since I got the game early July on the 6th). On top of juggling work and a lot of other commitments. 

I guess you can determine two things from this: when I like a game I can sit at it for hours on end or that I speed/rush through things. I'm sure if I had taken the time to explore every book and cranny instead of panicking when confronted by the infected, I would have clocked in more game time. 

Last of Us is also the second game that I respected well enough to sit through the whole credits. Even when I know there's no easter bunny bonus video. I love the game. Or rather, enjoyed it tremendously. Not so much for the gameplay, but for the story that NaughtyDog crafted and the characters they created and allowed to grow as the game progressed. 

It was beautiful. It was relatable. And it deserves all the high marks, applause and acclaim given to it by IGN (tho I don't always pay heed to what IGN says about games). 

Now that I'm done and have posted it up on Facebook, friends are asking if I would be willing to sell it. Turns out, the game is sold out almost everywhere!

I don't know yet. I tend to hoard. Still, this game tops everything else I've played so far and ties with Tomb Raider. 

What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment