Friday 22 November 2013

#ANIMEGROOVE - Favourite anime music

There's something about the opening songs for new animes these days that just makes me skip quickly to the beginning of the show. They're beginning to take too long, cut into the episode and aren't as catchy as the ones I used to like. So to wash my brain and ears off the horrid audio flavour of those opening theme songs, I present my favourite anime music.

Tada!


Kacho Oji/Black Heaven - Let Me Go, Let You Go

I remember watching this anime a long time back and the opening theme song was so catchy. I think it was what inspired a couple of songs that my old band had come up with. Grunge rock and a little girl screaming (that would be me). But the best song was the one that was played in the last episode, it really brings to mind old school rock. The way music should be, not the crappy teeny bopper stuff you get on radio these days.

Then again, I am and oldie.

So hope you enjoy this. I think it was the music that made me enjoy the anime so much. Truth, that I would rewind back to listen to the opening theme song before watching the show.

Brilliant Green - Ash Like Snow


I never liked any of the Gundam series. Ok, maybe just one movie. But the rest weren't much to my liking. I think Gundam Waltz was what killed it for me. But when Gundam 00 came out, there was just something about it that really appealed to me. Perhaps it was the character development, the variety of personalities, the comic moments coupled with the more serious ones. I never cried watching an anime before till this one. And I even watched that episode again and cried, again.

Judy & Mary - Sobakasu (Freckles)


Ok so Rurouni Kenshin wasn't the first anime that I watched (it was Akazukin Cha Cha), but the opening theme song was just so so so catchy. Not to mention, it's meaning was freckles and I felt it was my theme song (because unlike the rest of my siblings) because I had (and still do have) freckles.

I also just like the general vibe of the song. Upbeat, lively, catchy. And well... I did learn the lyrics to the song but could never get to the high notes like the lead singer. Still, if you were a Rurouni Kenshin fan (not Samurai X please), I'm sure you'll remember and be able to appreciate this :)

Asian Kung Fu Generation - After Dark



And finally, the last anime song that I love. This was when I first found out about Bleach after having read the manga. By the way, same band also did the opening for Full Metal Alchemist (and that is one powerful kickass anime that you MUST MUST MUST watch!).

Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Rewrite



Honestly, sometimes I think AKFG is like the Asian version of Weezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment