Thursday 28 November 2013

#BOOKFILLER - OMG, seriously

So earlier today I was hunting for fantasy book recommendations because I realised that I needed to stop reading so much shoujo manga. I'm turning 30 and I need to stop escaping in a fantasy world where the girls will always be reed thin and even though they're Asian, will always look Pan-Asian. So went on to Good Reads to look up for new and interesting things and made note of it so I can hunt it down on Amazon later.

Anyway, I decided to try my hand at writing a review and one of them was Prince of Thrones. I read a couple of the other reviews and what is it with people actually giving a summary of the story in a review? I mean... that's just ruining the story for everyone. Though maybe that's how reviews are meant to be written and I'm doing mine all wrong but I don't really care because I would prefer to just talk and express my own experiences reading the book and processing everything after.

Couple of hours later I saw that someone liked my review via email. Went to check the site and saw this:



I'm like. Wow cool. Didn't even know anyone would bother reading my review. Then I sort of paused... why does the name Mark sound familiar? Could it be? Could it actually be who I think it is? But then I was telling myself, nah, can't be. Not that I have anything generally negative towards writers and all. Is it narcissistic to read and monitor what other people think of your works? I mean, wouldn't it always make you feel that everyone's just critical of your work? 

Hang on... then again. That is what it will always be like for anyone in that industry. I know I'd feel uncomfortable, nervous, anxious and overly-defensive of my work.

Anyway, being the busybody that I am, I decided to see who this person was.


Cue in my holy crap bananas face. Not entirely sure if liking the post meant he agreed with it... or if he does it with every review that's been written about The Broken Empire trilogy - be it good or bad.

Why am I even analysing this? Ok... going back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment