Saturday 4 January 2014

Hello 2014!

This post should have come way before the new year I guess but in any case, Happy New Year!

So much happened in 2013 that I think it's one of the reasons why I didn't want to write a reflective post. There were a lot of personal stuff that I don't want to share with the public because duh, it's personal and really, I should think people come here to read about my awesome book reviews and bumblings through games.

I would say that I am thankful for a lot of things that happened. I am thankful for myself, for still being alive and struggling and surviving. Sure the struggling bit can be really tedious but I'm not a quitter and I foresee 2014 being a year where I'll just keep going and going because I think sometimes that's what I can be good at (sometimes even to the point of being annoying).

This year I turn 29 and I've had a couple of setbacks and downswings because of what I've felt and perceived what success and achievements are supposed to be like when you're at this age. But then after a talk with old friends I learnt that the most valuable thing I just need to remember is that I didn't live an empty life - I lived one that was filled with such a variety of experiences that coloured and changed and shaped the way I saw things, handled things and processed things.

I pray this 2014 goes smooth sailing. The main thing I want to be is just happy and content. I'm tired of the rat race and really, tired of needing to prove to myself or to anyone else. As long as I'm happy, as long as I have the bare necessities, I am ok and I can survive.

I wish everyone else a great new 2014. If you didn't discover yourself in 2013, it's ok. I didn't till it was too late and even each day, it's a discovery for me to see how far I can go, what my limits are and all. Just remember to be happy, that's important and of course, to love those dear and close to you and even those you think the least who need loving.

Ciao!

P.S Games have been put on hold because we've moved back and I need to work on my new business (which I hope to launch February latest) and the fact that I sold off the TV because I was strapped for cash and thus have no moolah for new games - PC or PS3. So don't ask me if I'm getting the PS4 because I'm broke for luxury but fortunately, able to survive with the bare necessities.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment