Friday 15 November 2013

#BOOKFILLER - Witch Wraith


I'm about three-quarters through the book right now and as always, like every other Shannara book he's churned out, Terry Brooks has got me biting my nails down to the stumps. I love the way he paces the story, even when it's switching between characters and momentums. It's effortless, it's smooth and I just don't know how is it that he does it but damn does he do it so well.

Spoiler alert. At the bit where Railing Ohmsford managed to get his great grand mother from the Tanequil but the only problem is that she wasn't released as the Grianne Ohmsford at the end of the old book but as what she was known before - the feared Isle Witch.

I can't help it if I'm so biased towards Terry Brooks and the Shannara series, but it was the series that truly opened my eyes to fantasy books and changed the way I perceived fantasy books in general. It was how I got to know about Anne McAffrey, Mercedes Lackey, Trudi Canavan and more. Pratchett came much earlier but I considered his more satirical than true fantasy.

I still am a huge fan of Lord Vetinari.

Be back to update more and oh yeah, since I got bad beat in poker again decided to lay off it. Was getting annoyed with DoTA 2 but I did get back on the FarCry3 track and am making some progress (I finally figured out the stupid mistake I was making when trying to takeover one of the radio towers on Hoyt's island).

No comments:

Post a Comment