Thursday 25 July 2013

#INPROGRESS - Injustice

Heard a lot of hype about this game. I'm not really one for fighting games. When it comes to it, I'm a button masher and I hate hate hate losing. Then again, who doesn't like losing? I tried out the practice battle first and that one had me confused. The main reason why I'm just so bad at fighting games is because I can never execute the combo moves perfectly. Always a second slow or fast or my fingers just cram up. In the end, button mashing again. This worked really well when I was playing Street Fighter 4 and just mashed around for Ryu to do his combo.

Injustice has got a lot of movie cinematics, all needed and necessary for the player to understand what the hell happened in the story to lead him or her to where all the characters are. Random though, why is it that when anyone goes over to the 'dark side', that they always end up looking goth/emo? If dark circles under the eye were any prerequisite for being part of the dark side, well then, I was there long before anyone else.

Gameplay, I guess you can say it's fairly straightforward. You'll be playing several characters as the storyline progresses. Some are easier to manage and play and some require a fair bit of dying/losing first before you get the hang of their abilities and moves. To date (only about 50% through right now), I kinda like using the Joker and Deathstroke. The Joker is just too hilarious, you gotta love a dude with a sense of humour even in the bleakest of situations, no matter how psychotic he is.

Will this be the turning point of my aversion to fighting games? Who knows. There was the other one I tried - Mortal Kombat vs DC. That, again, spamming random moves. Loved my Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Who doesn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment