Saturday 18 January 2014

#TEEVEE: The Heirs - Korean Drama


In my family, the ones who are watching Korean dramas isn't me. It's my parents. I came home one day to hear "Omma! Oppa!" and was wondering just what the heck was going on. They're hooked. I tried to understand the allure, tried to find appreciation but I remembered my first encounter with a Korean drama that left me quite emotionally crippled - Moonlight Sonata. Granted, that one was just one tear fest after another.

Heard about The Heirs from a girlfriend and she was saying that it was pretty good. I'm on to episode 4 and so far, I find it a lot more entertaining than The Carrie Diaries. Although it leaves me to question why must the rich girls always be so bratty and have such a laser mouth? It's as if nothing that comes out, is ever pleasant or nice. Specially when it's with regards to the lower class.

I don't know if the class system is really that big and important in Korea. On second thoughts, even in the real world it's the truth. So no happy lala ideal land here.

Is it just me that the men have really really deep voices? From what I remember watching on Western TV, the guys don't have such deep voices. If so, very rare or just very old. I doubt the actors are anywhere near the age of 30 (even as they play the role of high schoolers).

The girls do have great fashion sense. Quite envious. And the pale flawless skin. Makes me wonder why, when I am Asian, I ain't blessed with that. One does have to note that Korea is popular for quick-fix plastic surgery, so I'm not too sure how many of the actors and actresses actually look natural (in the way that God gifted them).

Is it just me or does Lee Min Ho (who plays Kim Tan) and Ikuta Touma (Nakatsu from Hanazakari, and is Japanese) look alike?


I think it's the nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment